Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Such A Good Time

From Wed July 18 to Sat. July 21, I had the most fabulous time with some really talented people. I went to Create New Jersey, an artist retreat. All the instructors were wonderful.
My first class was with Jodi Ohl. If you ever have the opportunity to take a class with her, do it. She is so sweet and helpful. I know she has online classes, but there is nothing like having the teacher there with you.


Next I took a class with Joanne Sharpe, Her class was about the different type of markers and what each can do. Another great instructor, she was so informative.














On Thursday I took a class with Cindy Wunsch. Again, a super duper person. She was so upbeat and fun. Her work is incredible. She was so good at teaching us about using texture and how to get it in your work.








 On Friday I took a class with Mandy Russell. I really did not know what to expect from this class. I thought it was going to be a simple cut and paste type of thing. Boy was I surprised. She taught us how to use alcohol inks  in a way I would never have imagined. I really can't wait to try this one on my own. She is so sweet, I hope she will do an online class. The piece was suppose to be a circus tent, but mine turned out looking more like a cabana.

My last class was suppose to be Friday. It was like what I have been waiting for for so long was ending. I drove back and forth ( about an hour each way) each day so I could take more class and not pay hotel fees. When I got home Friday night, my husband said "so take another class, it won't be until next year that you'll be able to do this again". I thought about it, and registered dor a Saturday evening class. The instructor was Stacie Swider. I loved how she taught the class. It was called collaborative collage. Everyone has a hand in each project. It was really fun. I didn't get to finish mine but I learned alot.  

I learned so much about mixed media these last few days. This was one of the best decisions I have made for myself. I love all the people I have met. Can't wait to do it all again next year. I strongly advise, if you can't get to one of these retreats, go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment